Are you a quick learner who loves being the go-to person? Are you an exceptional communicator? Do you excel at the helm of a very busy ship? If this sounds like you, read on for more details.
The Office Manager is one of the few people who interacts with employees at every level, virtually every day. He or she is also the first point of contact for guests, and the first representation of the agency. With that in mind, we are looking for that next perfect “Gripper” to step into this role.
The ideal candidate has a positive and “can do” attitude and thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment. He or she can think on their feet, has stellar organization and follow through, enjoys helping others and excels at providing outstanding customer service. If this isn’t enough, this person will also contribute to the office vibe, so it’s important he or she has the right amount of creativity and enjoys dabbling in unchartered territories like onboarding, interior design and event planning.
This position reports into Human Resources and works closely with the CFO, finance team and Building Management.
- Greet and assist visitors to Grip
- Screen and direct incoming phone calls to the appropriate staff
- Distribution and coordination of incoming and outgoing deliveries including mail, faxes and couriers
- Arrangement of business travel for staff with a third party travel agency
- Facilities and space planning and office repairs, including liaising with the building superintendent to coordinate office maintenance and repairs management
- Manage catering request; liaise with meeting facilitators to ensure that catering needs are met
- Managing taxi chit sign-out
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and effectively manage cost
- Order weekly groceries and ongoing inventory as required
- Maintain awareness of any concerns to enhance office safety
- Assist accounting with misc. couriers, taxi reconciliation in coordination with the finance department
- Organize and coordinate office operations in support of the Accounting and Human Resources teams
- Actively participate in GripDO (our social committee) with organization and execution of staff social events
- Support the human resources team with onboarding activities and HR programs
- Help internal teams on an ad hoc basis
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- 1 - 2+ years’ experience in administrative/office management position
- Experience in a creative environment considered an asset
- Polished verbal and written communication skills, with both internal colleagues and external clients
- Keen emotional intelligence and steadfast composure
- Approachable, friendly and ability to be assertive
- Resourceful and flexible
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Ability to utilize good judgment to determine handling of projects, situations and suppliers
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Proficient with computers, specifically with MS Office applications
Sound like a fit for you? Send us your resume.
Upon request, Grip Limited will provide accommodation to a job applicant with a disability during its recruitment process.
If you require accommodation during this process please contact Karen Sampogna at 416-341-7216.