Are you a technical expert in the development and execution of print projects? Do you like working in a creative environment where you can collaborate with talented people? Do you like dogs? If you answered ‘Yes!’ to all three questions, then read on…
Grip is looking to add to our freelance Print Producer roster. The Print Producer is responsible for the successful completion of a wide variety of advertising and design-based projects. From start to finish, you would be the key point person and technical expert. Beginning with a creative brief, to drafting thorough specifications, managing the flow of the project through a busy studio, through trouble-shooting challenges, obtaining approvals, generating quality outcomes, to billing and shipping, you are a mastermind! You excel at orchestrating, evolving and completing award-winning projects that are on time, on budget and cultivated to the utmost quality standard.
The ideal Print Producer is positive and calm under pressure and has a thorough understanding of what is achievable, within time and budget constraints. This person anticipates problems, is proactive in resolving issues and is highly organized and detail-oriented.
- liaise with account management teams in determining job specifications
- prepare workback schedules and manage internal timelines
- prepare client estimates and manage costs to budget
- traffic artwork through the approval process
- secure creative and account approvals throughout the workflow process
- administer quality control at all stages of a project
- brief studio and ensure that files are prepared to specification
- coordinate studio work and services provided by outside suppliers
- brief external suppliers, obtain quotes and issue purchase orders
- check proofs to specifications and quality standards and attend press approvals
- manage distribution of released materials and delivery of printed materials
- process final billing and cost reconciliations
- develop and implement operational processes, as required, to ensure a quality print outcomes for client
- ongoing education in new developments in the field of print production
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Experience in advertising and print production
- Knowledge of print production processes and pre-press software
- Skilled at evaluating and imposing quality standards
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proficient at problem solving
- Highly skilled at preparing cost estimates, negotiating and managing expenses
- Excellent teamwork with great communication skills
- Efficient multi-tasker
Interested? Send us your resume.
Upon request, Grip Limited will provide accommodation to a job applicant with a disability during its recruitment process.
If you require accommodation during this process please contact Lydia Hamilton at 416-304-9848.